My sister Mary and I moved into the Jeanne Jugan Center four months ago. Someone asked last week how we feel about living here. I suppose the primary feeling is one of gratitude.
We are grateful for:
• The kindness and understanding of the Little Sisters
• The opportunity to share in their work in some small way
• The generous and happy people that live here
• The pace of life that allows time for reading and meditation
• The beauty of the buildings and the grounds
• The workers and volunteers who are always so ready to lend a helping hand
To discover the texture of life at the Jeanne Jugan Center, come to the coffee shop any day of the week. Volunteers serve coffee while the Residents swap life stories and dispense generous helpings of kindness and humor. Peace and joy are palpable in the house that the Little Sisters built.
Photo: Mary Catherine (left) and Joan (right) help serve coffee and donuts in the coffee shop.
Leave a Reply