Do you wish to share your talents and collaborate with the Little Sisters of the Poor in their mission of hospitality to the elderly?
The first thing you will discover at Jeanne Jugan Center is our inviting, home-like atmosphere and the friendly way the Residents, Little Sisters, employees and volunteers share their lives. With the Little Sisters serving as our role models, we perform our daily duties in a spirit of “servant-leadership.” We take our cue from the Little Sisters as they render exceptional “person-centered” care, ensuring that each Resident’s physical, cognitive, social, and spiritual needs are met.
Each of these departments plays an important role in providing a happy home for our Residents:
Trust your instincts and answer the call
If our home sounds like a place you would like to work, Jeanne Jugan Center may represent an opportunity for you. Our successful employees are service-oriented people with integrity and commitment toward a common goal of helping the elderly.
See a job you’re interested in?
Our Residents deserve exceptional care. You may be just the person we are looking for!
Little Sisters of the Poor, a beautiful and peaceful residential long term care facility in South Kansas City, is looking for an energetic Registered Nurse (RN). As an RN with our organization, you’ll enjoy the benefits of working among a collaborative, multidisciplinary team as well as access to the resources you need to make a real difference to our residents. Bring us your talent, and we’ll show you just how far it can take you. Performing the provision and the supervision of medical and personal care services in assigned area, to attain or maintain the highest practicable mental and psychosocial well-being in accordance with the comprehensive assessment and plan of care. These services are consistent with the Home's standards and philosophy and are in compliance with all regulations, codes, policies and procedures that govern the facility.
· Must be a graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, licensed to practice in Missouri as a Registered Nurse.
· Must have two years’ experience as a nurse, preferably in the area of geriatrics and rehabilitation.
· Must be able to function as the Charge Nurse for his/her tour of duty.
· Must possess good written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to read, write and understand English.
· Must be able to function independently performing related duties/tasks with a minimum of supervision or direction.
· Must have a basic knowledge of State and Federal regulations and guidelines governing long term care.
· Must have good assessment skills and a working knowledge of the nursing process.
· Preferable previous supervisory or management experience.
· Must possess supervisory and leadership skills to interact effectively with staff, Residents and families.
· Shift differentials will be paid for evening and overnight shifts.
Please apply on Indeed.com or in person at Little Sisters of the Poor, 8745 James A. Reed Rd, Kansas City MO 64138.
For an employment application, click here>>