Jeanne Jugan Center, named for our Foundress and the first Little Sister, is located in South Kansas City off of I-435 and 87th street. Our large, airy home sits on 24 acres filled with plenty of flowers and a pond that we share with a friendly family of ducks. We offer our Residents quality care in a home-like setting with varying levels of care which include:
- Independent living apartments for low-income seniors
- Assisted living
- Skilled nursing care (Medicaid certified)
What makes Jeanne Jugan Center unique?
- Little Sisters who dedicate their lives to the elderly live on-site and are available 24/7 to respond to Residents’ needs.
- The dignity of the Resident is the #1 priority in our Home. All Residents get up and dressed daily, and get their hair done and nails manicured regularly at our Home’s beauty parlor.
- A full-time Chaplain lives on site to attend to Residents’ spiritual needs
- Each Resident of our Home has a private room and bathroom
- Each of our independent apartments has a kitchenette, living area and bedroom. Apartment Residents are also welcome to enjoy home-style meals in our dining room at no charge, as well as participate in activities and religious services in our chapel.
- Many Residents volunteer to help in various areas of the home according to their abilities, which contributes to a family-like atmosphere in the Home. Some help in the laundry or kitchen, while others visit with fellow Residents who are room-bound.
- We offer on-site physical/occupational therapy, a podiatrist, general-care doctors, and a dentist for our Residents’ convenience.
- In the final moments of life, a Little Sister is present at the bedside, praying and accompanying the elderly.