Association Jeanne Jugan member and apartment Resident Rita Hutman and Jeanne Jugan Center Resident have a good time folding towels for the Residents.
“Being an AJJ member makes it possible to be with the Residents in a daily stream of business and activities – they are always so grateful. It is a blessing. – Rita Hutman
The Association Jeanne Jugan offers to Catholic men and women the opportunity of sharing in the spirituality of the Little Sisters of the Poor, of participating in their mission of hospitality, and of helping to spread the charism of Saint Jeanne Jugan in various social and professional milieus.
After a year of spiritual preparation, new members are inducted into the Association Jeanne Jugan on May 1st, the feast of St. Joseph, patron of the Little Sisters of the Poor.
A.J.J. activities at Jeanne Jugan Center include:
- Volunteering in various areas of the home
- Serving as lectors and Eucharistic ministers
- Visiting Residents who are hospitalized, room-bound or in need of special attention
- Helping with the meal service
- Assuring a comforting presence with the dying Residents
- Pitching in to help with fund raising activities
- Animating the monthly A.J.J. Bingo, holidays and other special events
If you are interested in joining the Association Jeanne Jugan, contact Sr. Gonzague at firstname.lastname@example.org